We are searching for an MIS Engineer with a strong critical thinking background to join our growing company and infrastructure. The MIS Engineer will be responsible for maintaining our corporate IT infrastructure network and application assets among the multiple office locations.
With your expertise, you will help to ensure the corporate IT environment continues to be maintained and improved with the latest technology in a cost-effective manner and help to identify and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Managing corporate hardware (Firewalls, Network Hardware, Servers, NAS (Synology), Open VPN Systems, Desktops, ISP’s).
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, corporate application software and system management tools.
- Maintaining and update corporate software & licenses.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability & security.
- Ensure all IT Asset inventory documentation & license renewals are updated frequently.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Identify possible areas to automate processes for the overall infrastructure (Alerts, Dashboards etc.).
- Monitoring of production environment status with the DevOps team.
- Working closely with the DevOps team with possible chance to grow into a DevOps engineer role in the future.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows/macOS/Linux (Command Line) based environments is a must.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization is an asset (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience with ticketing and service desk systems and meeting required SLA’s.
- Experience managing company accounts on Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge with Cloud Technology such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure is a plus.
- Experienced in handling Third Party Vendor Purchases & Support, RMA, & Warranty processes.
- Attention to detail and excellent diagnostic and communications skills, with the ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to work as a team but be able to perform without supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar relevant education.